Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friendship Bread without the Friendship

Over the summer, I was given my first bag of friendship bread starter. I love baking new recipes and was eager to get started with this starter. I did the first 10 days and then baked some. I also had three that I gave out to friends and family. Well the bread was good and I wanted to make it again sometime. So I did another 10 days and made more bread. I then had another three starters with noone to hand out.

Now I started a new starter. I need to figure out how to keep the starter alive without having 3 extra batches to pawn off on someone else. I think I can use the standard starter procedure and replace what I use when I use it.

This brings up a different question, what does nashville taste like. My next starter is an attempt at a wild sourdough starter.

1 comment:

Marty said...

Are you a follower of Hermans......

Are you a Herman

Hermans are Science passed in families for generations.

Do you know what Hermans are?

Im considering a forth dive back into Salt Water Tanks. I miss the Salt. Salt is the one thing that separates us from the Ape. They have fresh water tears and sweat. Humans have salt water sweat and tears. Humans have a special relationship with the Sea.